Frequently asked questions
How can I find out what Tariff Plan I am on?
To find out your tariff plan, dial *166*2# on your mobile phone. In reply you will be sent a SMS containing your tariff plan name and other details.
How can I change my tariff plan?
You can at any time change your tariff plan (If you are a consumer):
- dial *166# and press button and follow the menu prompts to find out your tariff plan, learn more about other tariff plans and change your tariff plan;
- submit your Application attached with a copy of your ID card or passport to any of our service points or you can fax them to 8 (727) 258 89 14 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must be submitted by SIM owner only.
How often can I have my tariff plan changed
While you are allowed to change your Tariff plan whenever you want, we would recommend that you do it no more than once a month. We strongly advise that you switch to the tariff plans on which we charge a one-off subscription fee starting from the 1st of the month
What documents are required to have my registration details changed?
According to par. 3.2.9 of Public Mobile Services Agreement, you are responsible to inform Operator of any changes in your ID number, address, name, contact phone number, email, invoice/bill delivery address, banking or postal details or IIN/BIN number by applying to Kcell Center or your dealer point with a written request for change of customer details attached with supporting documents.
- Consumers must attach their application with a copy of ID card/passport;
- Entities must send a letter prepared on company letterhead bearing director’s signature and company seal.
If I let someone use my mobile number does this involve the change of mobile number ownership?
According to Mobile Services Contract, if you sell or let other persons use your SIM, such other persons must have it registered in their names. If you purchase a SIM from someone who used it before, please, keep in mind that unless you register it in your name you won’t be able to use most of the mobile service which require user identification (such as ordering itemized bills at Kcell Сenter, SIM replacement, postpaid service and many other services which we provide based on owner’s application). If ownership is transferred between consumers, both former and new owner must be physically present; if between entities – all the necessary documents must be duly filled out and submitted.
Where can I have a mobile number registered to a different owner?
At our service points.
How can a mobile number be registered to a different person?
The former owner is a consumer and new owner is a legal entity:
- The owner (consumer) should visit any of the service points (make sure to bring your ID or passport) and submit an Application. If he/she is physically unable to come, he/she can make it by proxy (in this case a notarized power of attorney will be required).
- Legal entities submit an Application prepared on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal by which it confirms that it has no objections to have the number registered in its name.
- New Registration Form is filled out and the authorized person signs it and puts a company seal on it. By signing the Registration Form, the entity agrees to the terms and conditions of Mobile Services Contract.
Former and new owner are consumers:
- Both of them must visit any of the service points and bring their ID cards or passports with them.
- New owner must fill out the Registration Form specifying his/her RNN, IIN. By signing the Registration Form, he/she agrees to the terms and conditions of Mobile Services Contract.
- If the number owner is physically unable to come, he/she can make it by proxy (in this case a notarized power of attorney will be required (indicating a mobile number to be registered to a new owner).
Former and new owner are legal entities:
- The former owner must submit an application prepared on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal, by which it confirms that it has no objections to have the number registered to a new owner.
- The new owner must submit an application prepared on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal, by which it confirms that it has no objections to have the number registered in its name. New owner fills out the Registration Form, which must be signed by director and bear a company seal. By signing the Registration Form, new owner agrees to the terms and conditions of Mobile Services Contract.
The former owner is a legal entity and new owner is a consumer:
- The former owner must submit an application prepared on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal, by which it confirms that it has no objections to have the number registered to a new owner (consumer), specifying new owner’s name.
- New owner must visit any of the service points bring the required document with him/her (ID card/passport, IIN and RNN) to complete the ownership registration procedure. In this case new Registration Form is filled out. By signing it, he/she agrees to the terms and conditions of Mobile Services Contract.
Can I send my application via fax or email?
Ownership change applications sentvia fax or email will not be processed.
What if both former and new owners of a mobile number live in different cities?
If both former and new owners are not able to come at one and the same time, the former owner may leave his/her application attached with a copy of his/her ID card. The new owner may apply later to any of our service points to compete the registration procedure.
Can I ask other person to have my number registered with a different owner?
If owner of the number is unable to visit our service points to have the number registered to a new owner, he/she may grant a third person a power of attorney to carry out all the necessary formalities specifying the number.
Can I use my driving license as an identification document?
No. Change of mobile number ownership requires the owner to produce his/her identification documents (original): consumers must bring their ID cards or passports and entities must submit a letter of application on company letterhead (original) bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal.
Can I have my mobile number registered to a minor?
Yes, you can. In this case a parent’s written consent will be required.
How a mobile number is registered to a new owner if the former owner dies?
The number may be registered to a person who submits the original of death certificate, SIM card and other documents as may be required (ID card, RNN, IIN).
How can I have my SIM reissued?
To have your SIM reissued, you need to contact us. While your phone number, tariff plan and other service terms will remain unchanged, you will lose all the contacts stored on your old SIM.
SIM is reissued in the personal presence of its owner who will be required to produce the original of his/her ID card, passport or driving license. Legal entities are required to submit their Applications (original) prepared on the company letterhead, bearing company seal and signature of the company head. The Application must contain the details of the contact person who is authorized to receive new SIM.
Can a SIM-user (not owner) have it reissued?
If you are not the owner of a SIM card you are using (it is not registered in your name), SIM card may be reissued upon your application if only you have provided all the necessary identification details to Operator (e.g. outgoing call details, PIN/PUK, balance recharge details, etc.).
Can other persons pick up my new SIM?
A non SIM owner is allowed to pick up your new SIM card if he/she has a notarized power of attorney granted by you (SIM owner) and his/her ID card details are similar to those specified in the PoA.
How can I lock/unlock my SIM?
If you have lost your phone, our recommendation is to immediately contact our Call Center to have your number temporarily locked.
Call Center Operator will lock your SIM after your registration details are verified or against your SIM lock/unlock password, if you have any. Please, bear in mind that according to the Mobile Services Contract terms and conditions, the Subscriber is responsible to pay for the mobile communication services consumed before the Operator receives a Lost/Stolen SIM notice.
Once blocked, you can apply to your nearest service points for a replacement SIM.
How can I set SIM Lock/Unlock Password?
You can set a special SIM Lock/Unlock password in order to at any time enable/disable your mobile phone. Just contact our Call Center and tell the password. The password is set upon SIM card owner’s written application.
If you are a consumer, you must attach a copy of your ID card or passport to the Application form. If you are corporate subscriber (entity), you must submit your application on your company’s letterhead bearing a company seal and signature of the authorized person.
You can fax your Application to 8 (727) 258 89 14, or e-mail its scanned copy to email@example.com or bring it to any of our service points.
How to set a lifespan on SIM Lock Password?
f you want to stop using your SIM for a while, you can temporarily suspend our services by locking your SIM. In your Application you must specify the reason for suspension as well as SIM Lock start/end date. Application must be submitted by SIM owner only.
If you are a consumer, you must attach a copy of your ID card or passport to the Application form. If you are a corporate subscriber (entity), you must submit your application on your company’s letterhead bearing a company seal and signature of the authorized person.
You can fax your Application to 8 (727) 258 89 14, or e-mail its scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring it to any of our service points.
How can I control my balance?
You can use any of the methods listed below to find out your account balance whenever required:
- activ INFO on your phone’s menu (free of charge);
- *123*3*1# (free of charge);
- *100# (free of charge);
- Text bal to 100 (free of charge);
Need to make an urgent call but you are out of balance
If you need to make an urgent call and you are out of balance, you can use the Call Me service to ask someone to call you back. Simply dial *130*recipient’s number (Kcell/activ)#.
Or you can use the Pay For Me service to ask someone to recharge your account. Dial *131* recipient’s number (Kcell/activ)#.
Can I ask my network provider to provide me with extra balance?
If you are out of balance you can use our Extra balance service. Under this service you will be provided with 250 tenge of balance for 3 (three) days.
Why can’t I get extra Balance?
If you can not get Extra Balance:
- check if you fulfill the terms and conditions of the Extra Balance service;
- check if you dial the USSD command *911# correctly.
If you are eligible for Extra Balance but are unable to receive it contact our online consultant immediately.
What do I need to do to speed-up processing of my non-cash payment?
In order for your non-cash payments to be timely credited to your mobile accounts, please make sure the following details are written correctly in your payment order: Kcell JSC banking details, Кбе* – 17, КНП** – 852 and bank acceptance date. The payment order must bear the seals of the payer and bank. In the Payment Reference (this field is required) enter either a valid 10-digit mobile phone number (e.g. 701 ХХХХХХХ) or invoice reference number.
In order for us to apply your payments as soon as possible, email the copies of your payment documents as well as a register of mobile phone numbers you top up (if they are not specified in the Payment Reference field) to us at email@example.com immediately after you effect a payment.
Important! The register must be submitted on your company’s letterhead and bear the seal and authorized person’s signature, indicate the reference number of your payment order and payment date as well as valid mobile number(s) you topped up (701 ХХХХХХХ). Please, attach your original register (Word, Excel file) to your email message!
* Кб – beneficiary code;
** КНП – payment reference code.
Do you need a register for same-day payment crediting?
Yes, we need a register in case of multiple payments. In this case, a bank transfer request only will not be enough. In the register, please specify the date of payment, bank transfer request number, list of mobile numbers, and recharge amount per each number. The register must bear your company’s seal and signed by director or accountant.
For single payments, just put down the mobile number in the “purpose of payment” line and send us a copy of the bank transfer request bearing the bank’s or your company’s official seal.
You should apply to us in writing for the necessary corrections (your letter of application should bear the signature of director/accountant and company seal) specifying the number and date of the bank transfer request as well as breakdown of the recharge amounts per mobile account. You can fax your letter at 8 (727) 2588-914 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Where can I pay for activ services in cash?
You can pay for Kcell services in cash at:
- activ Office cash desks;
- outlets and authorized dealers;
- Kazkom, Bank Pozitiv, ATF Bank, TuranAlemBank, BankCenterCredit, Sberbank Rossii;
- by using instant recharge cards;
- via e-payment portals;
- via Internet Banking and partners’ ATMs;
- Multi-cash and Multi Kiosk terminals;
- E-pay terminals.
What should I do if payment has not been credited to my account?
If no payment had been credited to your account, please apply to your pay point to find out the reason for delay. Make sure to bring your payment slip with you.
If you are unable to appear there personally, contact Call Center and provide operator with your pay slip details, such as:
- date and time of payment (to the exact minute);
- top-up amount;
- slip number;
- cash desk number (10-digit) and mobile account you have topped up.
If nothing has been credited to your account in 24 hours of payment, fax your application to 8(727) 2588-914 or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org attached with a copy of your pay slip and copy of your ID card.
What if I recharged a wrong number?
If you recharged a wrong number, send us your application attached with a copy of your pay slip and copy of your ID card via fax 8(727) 2588-914 or e-mail email@example.com.
I entered a wrong mobile number (just one digit wrong) when trying to recharge. Can I have the recharge amount credited to the correct account?
If you want to have it credited to a correct account, send us your application together with the copies of your pay slip and ID card via fax to 8(727) 2588-914 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will I be charged a fee if I top-up at service points or your authorized dealers
You will be charged no fee if you charge at service points or authorized dealers.
What should I do if activation code of my top-up card is damaged or can not be properly seen
If activation code on your top-up card is damaged or can not be properly seen, fax the following documents 8 (727) 258 89 14 or e-mail them to email@example.com:
- Copy of ID card;
- Copy (both sides) of your top-up card.
- Letter of application on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal;
- Copy (both sides) of your top-up card.
If a mobile number is owned by an entity but the applicant is unable to submit a letter of application prepared on company letterhead, he/she submits the documents on his/her own behalf (including ID card) and in the application specifies the reason for not providing a letter of application on company letterhead.
What should I do if by accident I topped up a wrong number
If you purchased a top-up card and the system reports it has been already activated, you must apply to the point of purchase for assistance.
What should I do if by accident I topped up a wrong number
If you topped up a wrong number and you want to claim your money back, fax us the following documents to 8 (727) 258 89 14 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- submit a Balance transfer application specifying the date and amount of recharge, wrong mobile number, correct mobile number in ХХХ-ХХХ-ХХ-ХХ format;
- copy of top-up card (both sides);
- copy of ID card.
- Letter of application (on company letterhead) from the owner of a correct mobile number specifying the reason and a correct mobile number where the payment is to be returned. The application must bear the authorized person’s signature and company seal;
- copy of top-up card (both sides).
Important! The applicant must be the owner of the correct mobile number!
I try to activate my top-up card but the system says it is blocked and recommends to contact my operator.
What cards are accepted for Online Payment?
You can top-up your account using a bankcard of any of the following banks: Visa International, MasterCard International, American Express and Cirrus Maestro Cards, Visa Electron.
- Cirrus Maestro cards are accepted for payments if only they are issued by Kazkommertsbank;
- Visa Electron debit cards are accepted for payments if only they are issued by Kazkommertsbank, Kazinvestbank, Sberbank Rossii, Citibank.
What is the minimum/maximum amount for a recharge?
The minimum amount for a recharge through Online Payment is 200 tenge and the maximum amount is 50 000 tenge per number per day.
I topped-up through Online Payment but payment has not been credited to my account
Send us your payment notification which was sent to you at your e-mail after you had effected a payment) via fax (8 (727) 2588914) or e-mail at email@example.com The notification must specify:
- transaction reference;
- authorization code;
- transaction date;
- order number;
Check your mobile usage and expenses with our Detailed Billing Report service.
Detailed Billing Report is a breakdown of calls, texts and data you have used in any given period of time, i.e. you can view details of calls received, numbers dialed, date, time, duration and cost of calls you have made or sms sent as well as Internet connections. Please, note that DBR does not reflect your regular service fees, one-time fees, payments for mobile devices. Therefore, your DBR amount may differ from the amount shown in your monthly bill. DBR may be incomplete at the time it is generated due to, for instance, delays in receiving roaming details (in this case, a complete DBR will be available upon the expiration of a 30 day term).
Get your DBR:
- From your personal profile. DBR is free for the last 90 days. You can also view it online or download as PDF or XLS file.
- In your nearest Kcell Center.
|Service||Cost, KZT, inclusive of VAT|
|Bill details from 1 day to 1 month||500 tenge|
|Bill details for 1-3 months||1200 tenge|
|Bill details for 3-6 months||2000 tenge|
|Bill details for 6 months and more||Starting from the first month, 500 tenge per month|
Which bank ATMs can I use to recharge my account?
You can recharge through the ATMs of Kazkommertsbank, Narodny Bank, ATF Bank, BTA Bank, Bank CenterCredit, Sberbank Rossii.
What are the most common mistakes made by subscribers when paying via e-terminals and ATMs
Incorrect payment amount
To claim your money back, apply to your nearest Kcell Center. Before you apply there, send the following documents via fax at 8(727) 2588-914 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of payment slip/bank statement;
- Copy of ID card/passport;
- Taxpayer’s certificate (РНН);
If you entered a wrong number when making a payment, please contact the customer service of the e-terminal owner using the contact phone numbers indicated in your payment slip.
You should also send us your application, copy of payment slip and copy of your ID card via fax at 8 (727) 2588914 or email at email@example.com or bring theses to your nearest Kcell Center to have your payment credited to a correct account.
Wrong network provider
If when paying via an e-terminal/multi-cash you selected a wrong network provider, contact your pay point using the contact phone numbers indicated in your pay slip.
How long does it take to credit my payment if I pay through e-terminals?
E-terminals process payments instantly. However, due to technical reasons the processing of payments may be delayed up to 24 hours. Where your payment is still not credited to your account after 24 hours, please, contact the customer service of the e-terminal owner using the phone number(s) indicated on your pay slip.
There are no contact phone numbers of the Terminal owner on the receipt. Where can I get the information?
To get the terminal owner details, contact our Call Center.
Why payments made via terminals are called e-payments?
They are called electronic payments since they are made through web-based (Internet) systems in online mode.
How do I know how much I will be charged for paying through a terminal or ATM?
Operating under the trademarks Kcell, activ has imposed a cap on fees charged by payment outlets for processing your mobile payments (except banking facilities) should amount to 10% of the topping up sum (but no more than 100 tenge). This restriction applies in respect of any sum, payable by a subscriber.
How do I know if a terminal processes payments to Kcell numbers?
On the terminal screen you can see the logos of the network provider whose services can be paid via this e-terminal. Select Kcell from the list of providers.
How do I subscribe to Simfonia?
To subscribe to the Simfonia service use any of the methods listed below:
- Call 2010
- Send the RBT code to 2010
- Visit www.simfonia.kz web portal
- Visit wap.sim-fonia.kz wap portal
- Send a USSD request to *125#
How do I unsubscribe from the service?
To unsubscribe, use any of the methods listed below:
How much does the service cost?
If you subscribe to Simfonia for the first time you will get one-month free subscription, i.e. you will not be charged for using it during the first month. From the second month onward the service will be automatically withdrawn from your account. The full cost of a melody, music bundle or music disc will be withdrawn from your mobile account. The charge per melody or music box varies between price categories. You can find more about Simfonia at www.simfonia.kz.
Will the service be still available if no fee has been withdrawn due to zero balance in my account?
The service will be deactivated automatically if no fees have been withdrawn. If it can not withdrawn from your account during 30 days all the melodies you have purchased will be deleted.
What if I forgot my Personal Profile password?
If you forgot or do not know the password to your Personal Profile at www.simfonia.kz, send a non-blank SMS to 245 to get a registration code.
How do I assign a specific melody to a contact?
In you want to assign a melody to one of your contacts and you have purchased a melody, click on INFO to the right of the RBT name. Type in the phone number of the desired contact in the appearing window.
How do I copy my friend’s melody?
- Enter your Personal Profile on www.simfonia.kz and click on Copy Melodies, then type in your friend’s mobile phone and select the melody desired; or
- If you are calling a contact and you like his/her ringback tone, press *. You will be prompted to send a confirmation SMS. Once sent, the melody will be copied to your SIM.
What are the types of call forwarding?
There are the following types of call forwarding:
- to any Kcell/activ mobile number
- to voicemail (2000)
- to 2050 (Missed Call Notification)
- to any domestic landline number
How can I enable call forwarding?
To forward your calls, please: **[Call forwarding code]*[phone number to which you want your calls to be forwarded]#.
The types of call forwarding are as follows:
- Unconditional (21) – forwarding all incoming calls. Service is charged at an on-net or off-net rate depending on the type of the number to which your calls are forwarded;
- When busy (67) – forwarding a call that comes when you are talking over your mobile phone;
- No answer (61) – forwarding calls if you do not pick up the phone;
- When out of the coverage area (62) – forwarding calls when you are out of the network coverage area or your phone is switched off.
E.g. In order to forward your calls ‘when out of the coverage area to +7701ХХХХХХХ, dial **62*+7701ХХХХХХХ#.
How do I turn off call forwarding?
To turn off call forwarding, dial: ##[Call forwarding code]#.
E.g. In order to cancel call forwarding ‘when out of the coverage area to +7701ХХХХХХХ number, dial ##62#.
To cancel all call forwarding activated on your phone, dial ##002#.
How do I check if call forwarding is enabled?
To check if call forwarding is enable, dial: *#[Call forwarding code]#.
E.g. To check if ‘when out of the coverage area’ call forwarding to +7701ХХХХХХХ is enabled, dial *#62#.
How do I know if call barring is enabled on my SIM?
To check if your incoming/outgoing calls are barred on your SIM, dial:
*#33# - for outgoing calls
*#35# - for incoming calls
How do I debar incoming/outgoing calls?
To debar incoming/outgoing calls, dial #330*0000#.
What do I need to do to reset my call barring password?
Contact our Call Center and your call barring password will reset for you.
What is the phone number of SMS center?
SMS center number is +77010002525
How many characters are allowed in a standard text message?
The maximum length of a standard text message is 160 Latin characters or 70 Cyrillic characters.
How do I send a SMS?
To send a short text message, in your phone’s menu go to SMS then open New Message. In the To field type in the recipient’s mobile number in international format as follows: +[country code][city code][mobile number] (for instance, +7 701 ХХХ ХХ ХХ) and press on Send.
How long does it take to deliver a SMS?
Normally, SMS are delivered in few seconds. As soon as it is delivered the sender is notified accordingly.
SMS can be sent out event when the recipient’s mobile phone is turned off or out of the network coverage area. In this case it will be delivered as soon as the recipient can be reached.
Important! If you send a text message to the recipient whose mobile phone is switched off or is out of the coverage area, your SMS will be stored in a buffer (temporary storage) for 24 hours.
Why text in an SMS I receive appears in hieroglyphic characters?
If your mobile phone does not support Russian language, you will either receive a blank or an unreadable message.
How do I disable SMS advertising?
To disable information and ad SMS, submit the following documents to Kcell Сenter, or fax them at 8(727) 2588-914 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- If you are a consumer, fill out the application form attached with a copy of your ID card or passport;
- If you are an entity, send us your letter of application prepared on your company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal.
What do I need to do to get bulk SMS and SMS ads in the preferred language?
To receive bulk SMS and SMS ads in the preferred language dial *000# or text kaz, rus or eng to 0 number.
How can I send audio SMS?
To send an audio SMS, dial * and then recipient’s number in the format: *87XХ ХХХ ХХХХ or *77XХ ХХХ ХХХХ and follow the voice prompts. Important! The maximum duration of an audio SMS is 30 seconds.
The recipient will be notified of your audio message via SMS. To play the audio message, the recipient should dial *0*.
Can I send SMS to e-mail?
To activate the SMS To E-Mail service, text DA to 400.
To send an e-mail from your mobile phone send the following to 400: [email address][text of your message].
I have started to notice lately that network coverage in my town/part of town/at home has worsened.
In order to help us find out the reason for poor network coverage in your town/part of town/at home and check the signal level, please provide the following information:
- location where you experience coverage problems;
- your contact phone number;
- how long have you been experiencing the problem.
You can report your coverage problem to:
No signal bars
If no signal strength bars are displayed on your mobile phone, we recommend that you test your SIM-card. For that, insert your SIM into a different mobile phone. If nothing changes, contact any of our service points to have your SIM replaced with new one.
Why does the Internet speed drop at night? What does it depend on?
The data transfer speed depends on many factors, including network availability at a specific moment in time. We, therefore, do not guarantee uninterrupted GPRS/EDGE/3G services.
What is roaming?
Roaming is a service that allows you to always stay in touch with your friends and family while you are traveling for leisure or business abroad. Your colleagues, friends and family will also be able to reach you on your normal mobile number whenever there is a need.
How do I know if roaming is enabled on my mobile phone?
To check it:
How do I activate Roaming?
If you activate roaming for the first time:
- submit your application attached with a copy of your ID card or passport;
- submit a letter of application on company letterhead bearing the authorized person’s signature and company seal – if your are an entity.
Now Roaming Service can be connected as follows:
Dial command *123*4*4# or *145# and answer key. To connect the service choose “1”, to disconnect the service choose “2”, as well as a free SMS can be sent to 3330 with DA (in Latin) to connect the Service and NET to disconnect.
How much money do I need to have in my mobile account if I activate Roaming for the first time?
Roaming can be activated for the first time with any positive balance in your account.
However, we recommend that:
- if you are a prepaid subscriber, you have at least 1000 tenge in your account;
- roaming will be automatically deactivated (blocked) when your balance is less than 1000 tenge;
- if you are postpaid subscriber, you stay within your credit limit and you have paid your last bill.
How do I get registered on the foreign operator’s network?
On arrival, turn on your mobile phone to allow it to automatically select an available network. You can also select a different mobile operator manually using the Networks feature in your mobile phone menu (read more in your mobile phone’s User Guide).
How to recharge account while roaming?
You can recharge your account in roaming:
- online payment;
- using instant recharge cards;
- by asking someone in KZ to make a recharge at service points or via e-terminals for you;
- by asking someone in KZ to activate a top up card via Call Center.
How to call a KZ number while roaming?
To call a KZ number while roaming use the dialing pattern below: + [country code][city code/network code][mobile number].
- to call the landline number 2588300 in Almaty, dial: +7 (country code) 727 (city code) 2588300 (landline number);
- to call a Kcell number, dial: +7 (country code) 701 (network code) ХХХХХХХ (mobile number).
How do I disable Internet while roaming?
I would like to use roaming service. What do I need to do before I activate it?
Before you activate the roaming service, you should:
- inquire with a Call Center operators if there is a roaming agreement between Kcell and mobile companies in the country you are going to visit;
- check if the network provider you have selected supports GSM 900/1800, CDMA standard. Make sure that your mobile phone is capable of the same standard;
- find out about roaming charges applied by the mobile companies in the country you are going to visit.
How to enable Internet connection?
If you want automatic Internet/MMS/WAP settings to be sent to your phone, text internet/mms/wap to 800 short code.
Or you can dial *123# and follow the voice prompts to select the desired service.
How can I check my Mobile Internet Plus balance?
To check your Mobile Internet Plus balance dial *444*3#.
I signed up for the Mobile Internet Plus service and already have a data bundle activated?
If you have two services activated at one and the same time, your data bundle allowance will be used first. Once it is used up, you will be using your Mobile Internet Plus allowance (irrespective of which of them was activated first).
Can bonus data allowance be used outside Kazakhstan (while roaming)?
No, bonus data allowance is valid within RK territory only. You will be charged at the rates applied by our roaming partners to access the Internet in roaming.
What If Unlimited Internet is used simultaneously with other promotional Mobile Internet services?
Unlimited Internet will be given a priority when used together with other Mobile Internet services.
Can I activate the ‘Modem’ data bundle using my SIM?
Yes, you can. Our data bundles are given names only to differentiate between them. They can be used on any Internet-capable device.
How to get 3G connection?
3G-based services are available to all Kcell, activ SIM users without a special connection provided they use 3G capable phones. If there is 3G coverage and your phone or modem supports this standard, check if 3G option is activated in your phone. In most of the phone models the ‘3G’ icon will show up near the signal bars when you are within a 3G network. This means your device is currently using 3G. To find out what icon your mobile phone will use to indicate 3G, please, refer to your phone’s user manual. Or you can go to Network Settings and select Dual Mode (GSM and 3G) (please, refer to your phone’s user guide). This option will allow you to automatically switch between 2G and 3G networks.
How am I charged for 3G Internet?
With 3G, the cost of data services will not change. You will be charged at standard rates for your price plan or promotional/data bundle rates.
What data rates can 3G networks provide?
3G networks will be gradually increasing the data rate by up to 14 Mbps.
What if there is no network signal while 3G is enabled in my phone?
Probably, there is no 3G coverage in your area as yet. However, if you used to have 3G coverage in your area, please contact our Call Center.
Will my data speed increase if I access the Internet via WAP within 3G coverage area?
Yes. WAP protocol also supports GPRS, EDGE and 3G standards.
What are the benefits of 3G in our day-to-day life?
- With Video Call service you will not only be able to talk to your friends and family but see them ‘live’.
- Stay in touch with your friends on social networks and enjoy higher rates of the mobile Internet.
- Share or upload video to the Internet from your cell phone.
- You can use your mobile phone to watch movies and video from the Internet or video share sites.
- You will spend less time to download music content or any other information from the Internet.
How do I disable video call?
You will be able to use Video calling if your phone is 3G capable and there is 3G coverage in your area:
- After you initiated a call and dialed the contact’s number, select Video from call options;
- If you receive a video call, you need to either accept it or switch to Voice (in this case you will be able to see the caller while he/she will not see you).
Can I make a video call to a friend if he/she if not within 3G coverage area?
You will be able to make a video call provided both you and your contact are within 3G coverage area.
Can I make a video call to a subscriber if he/she is roaming?
Currently, we do not provide support for video calling to international destinations and roaming subscribers.
How to determine the Android OS application which sends paid SMS?
For information of Android users.
In order to avoid uncontrolled balance withdrawal, take the following steps before sending SMS to short numbers.
- In your phone’s menu, go to
- Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications;
- To view the list of all the applications installed on your phone;
- Open each application and read the App Info;
- In applications which can independently send SMS, you will find an option Send text messages or Services that cost you money.
If this is the case, it is recommended that you delete the application. For that go to Settings – Manage Applications – Open Application (select the one you want to delete) – Delete.
- Mobile number portability Application;
- Annex 1 Application for number re-registration;
- Annex 2 Form of consent;
- Annex 3 Form of consent;
- Equipment return and acceptance act;
- Questionnaire (equipment return);
- Questionnaire (cancellation);
- Refund of funds erroneously credited to the current account;
- Letter of guarantee for connecting to roaming;
- Detailed accounts for individuals;
- Detailed accounts for legal entities;
- SIM-card and number replacement and renewal, blocking, change of the tariff plan;
- SIM-card replacement, registration to the user;
- SIM-card replacement for legal entities;
- Letter of request for corporate services;
- Letter of request for contract cancellation;
- Kcell number re-registration;
- Roaming activation;
- Roaming activation for legal entities;
- Appendix 1 to the letter of request for cancellation;
- Appendix 2 to the letter of request for cancellation;
- Number activity check for renewal;
- User data check;
- Phone unlock;
- Free application form;
- Consent to personal data processing;
- Consent to renewal;
- Consent to funds withdrawal;
- Parental consent;
- Notice of renewal;
- Contact person form;
- Заявление на перенос ошибочного платежа;
- Cover letter form.