Find my kids
Service allows the Users to use the relevant mobile application installed on their smartphones to track the location and movement of their kids’ mobile devices with built-in GPS tracker (GPS watches with SIM cards and smartphones with installed application.
- set safety zones on the map and get notifications when the child’s mobile phone enters or exits the zone;
- view movement statistics of the child’s mobile phone;
- view the real-time location of the child’s mobile phone;
- make a call or send a loud signal to the child’s mobile phone;
- send motivating emotion icons (hearts) to the child’s mobile phone;
- chat via the ‘Find My Kids’ mobile application installed on the child’s mobile phone;
- listen in on their child’s surroundings for up to 20 seconds and have them sent to the user’s phone as recorded sound messages;
Service requires an internet connection on both the User’s and child’s phone.
Up to 5 mobile devices can be connected to one mobile number of the User.
The device’s geolocation may be synchronized automatically or upon request from the User. The accuracy of the device geolocation is 10 to 200 meters (GPS) and 500 to 1000 meters (LBS), depending on the network coverage area.
Geofencing. If any of the child’s mobile devices exits the geofence, a push notification will be sent to the user’s phone via the Find My Kids application.
Viewing the pedometer statistics.*
Viewing the history of the child’s (child’s mobile device) movement for the last 30 days.
Sending voice messages to the child’s mobile device.*
Device locator. Tab the appropriate button to view the current location of the child’s mobile device. The device will produce a sound in response.*
Remote configuration of and managing the following features of the child’s mobile device:*
- Adding and editing SOS numbers (up to 3 MSISDN) on the child’s mobile device.
- Geolocation synchronization (Normal mode: every 10 minutes; Efficient mode: every hour; Tracking mode: every minute).
- Set the Do Not Disturb mode (by time and day) on the child’s mobile device.
- Enable / disable notifications (dead battery, device removed from the hand).
- Set up a white list for incoming calls on the child’s mobile device (up to 10 MSISDN).
- Manage the Contacts Book on the child’s mobile device (up to 10 MSISDN) added through the Find My Kid app.
- Setting language and time on the child’s mobile device.
- Remote disconnection of the child’s mobile device.
Service charge and billing
The first time subscribers get a 7-day free trial period. After the trial period, the User will be charged the 40 tenge daily fee to use the Service. The cost of the trial period is included in the Service fee.
The Service fee is 40 tenge a day and is automatically deducted from the User’s (the subscriber’s) account. The fee is collected in full, provided there is sufficient balance (prepaid billing) or credit limit (postpaid billing) in the User’s account, between 00:00 and 23:59, or upon activation of the Service without a trial period, and then on a daily basis during the said time frame.
If there is no sufficient balance/credit limit in the User’s account to cover the Service fee, the Service will not be suspended and the User will be promoted via sms to top up his phone.
Activation of Service:
User may use any of the below methods to activate the Service:
- Text Start to 3212 short number (sending sms is free)
- • In the Find My Kids application or on findmykids.activ.kz landing page, tap the Activate button. Should the system fail to automatically identify your number, enter it manually. You will receive a sms containing a password which you need to type in the relevant field in the app. If your number if identified by the system, Service activation will be done automatically.
- Dial *326# and select ‘Activate’.
Deactivation of Service
Deactivation of Service by User:
- User may deactivate the Service any time. To that end he must remove the child’s device from the profile in the Find my kids: family tracker application and text СТОП, Стоп, стоп, STOP, Stop or stop to 3212.
- Dial *326# and select ‘Deactivate’. Before that he must remove the child’s device from the profile in the Find my kids: family tracker application.
- Removing the Find My Kids app from the User's mobile device is not considered to be his unsubscription from the Service and User will be continue to be charged the Service fee. To deactivate the Service, the User must disable the Service using the methods described above. Prior to deactivation, User should remove the child’s device from the User’s profile in the Find my kids: family tracker application.
Deactivation of Service on the child’s device:
- To deactivate the Service on the child’s device, User must uninstall the Parent Chat application.
- Service cannot be deactivated on the child’s watch.
After activation of the Service, User must open the link findmykids.activ.kz in his device and following the prompts install the Find my kids: family tracker mobile application on their Android (above 4.2) or iOS (above 10) device. After the application has been installed and Service activated, User can connect the child’s device by selecting Connect the child’s phone or Connect GPS watch from the menu.
A smartphone is a mobile device with Android (above 4.2) or iOS (above 10) operating system. When Connect the child’s phone is selected, User will receive a Push notification via the My Kids application prompting him to install the Parent Chat mobile application on the child’s smartphone and a confirmation code. The Find My Kids also allows Users to send SMS to the child’s number with a link to install Parent Chat and a confirmation code. The User must send the information generated by the Find My Kids application via SMS to the child’s device or install Parent Chat application on the child’s smartphone manually and enter the confirmation code. Once Parent Chat has been successfully installed on the child’s smartphone and User sign in in accordance with the instructions, it is necessary to allow the application access to the geolocation and microphone in the settings of the child’s smartphone.
When User selects Connect GPS watch, he must enter the watch ID and child’s phone number within the application. The watch must:
- have a 2G, 3G or 4G SIM card
- be charged and turned on
- connected to the Internet over mobile network
An SMS with settings will be sent to that watch. When all the settings are done correctly, the User will be able to access the full functionality of the Service for watches.
User can check is the watch supports the Service or not by sending the following texts to the child’s number:
- pw,123456,ts# or pw,523681,ts# or password set by the User for the child’s watch, if standard password has been changed, instead of these combinations.
If the watch supports the Service, an SMS containing the watch parameters will be sent to the number from which a verification request was sent. Otherwise, no SMS will be sent in response to that request.
* if supported by child’s mobile device.