How to activate Roaming
Roaming with activ® – it’s good enough there where we are! Other countries and other continents, other cities, other cultures and native voices. Take advantage of the Roaming services from activ® and stay in touch with friends, family and colleagues on vacations or business trips.
- While you are in RK
- Check if the roaming service has been activated:
Send SMS with DA to 3330. Or dial *145#OK or *123*5#OK. To activate the service, select "1". Roaming can be disabled by sending SMS with NET to 3330. Free service activation and deactivation.
Note! You can activate the service only in Kazakhstan in the operator’s coverage area.
- Top up the balance:
It is recommended to have adequate funds to top up the balance as abroad it is not always possible.
- Ask about tariffs, campaigns and communication standards.
- The roaming service is disabled at zero balance therefore; we recommend to continuously maintain the positive balance.
- Considering that call divert in roaming is charged according to the Mobile Originated and Terminated Call’s roaming rates (depending on the country), you are recommended to disable call divert to KZ numbers or voice mail using ##002# combination. If this does not work out, disable call divert feature in your phone settings
- Being in the border areas of Kazakhstan, disconnect the roaming service. Do not forget: roaming rates differ from those in Kazakhstan.
- In order to control your traffic expenses, you are recommended to disable the apps auto update (Android, iPhone) and Wi-Fi assist (iPhone), detailed instructions can be found in the section «For smartphone owners».
Attention! Number dialing format in roaming (for calls and SMS): + country code; city or network code; phone number, e.g. +7 7272 588000 (+7 KZ country). If you dial 8 instead of +7, connection will be set up via a satellite provider and you will incur higher roaming charges.
- If you plan the long-term trip abroad, you should consider that in some countries your handset will stop to operate after two or more weeks of stay in this country. Evidently this is a consequence of the fact that to prevent smuggling and theft of mobile handsets, the legislation of these countries provide for the need to register the handsets in the offices of local cellular operators (including on paid basis), otherwise the unregistered phone ceases to be served in their networks. You can find online or in travel agencies if your host country is on the list of such countries.
- In case of unsuccessful automatic registration in the partner’s network, you should select the dual network mode and operator’s roaming manually in the phone settings, details: https://activ.kz/en/service/2420/1824